Black Civic Engagement & Policy
The Black Voter Guide is designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools to step into your collective responsibility and make informed decisions at the ballot box.
Our Black Civic Engagement & Policy program is unique and effective.
Our Black Civic Engagement & Policy (BCEP) program is a Black-led, non-partisan program that is committed to consistently advocating for the dismantling of anti-Black oppression within our institutions – at the legislature, the ballot box, and beyond. Through Black civic engagement, Black Women work toward healing our communities via relational voter engagement work as we have for centuries. Working to enfranchise all voting-age Black people and cultivate robust and sustained Black political participation, this program is a non-partisan, voter engagement/civic justice program that has the following objectives:
- Provide ongoing, sacred opportunities for Black Women to speak their needs to elected officials toward passing policies that improve Black Women's lives.
- Increase Black voter registration and Black voter participation.
- Mobilize Black Women and grassroots Black Women-led groups to fight for reproductive justice.
- Increase the political participation and power of young Black people.
- Host healing gatherings for Black beloveds addressing the trauma that results from the electoral brutality that Black people have endured for generations in the United States of America.