Soul 2 Soul Sisters is a Black womxn-led, faith-based, racial-justice organization focused on Black healing and Black liberation. We are one of the few organizations in Colorado that unapologetically intersects Black faith/spiritualities, radical reproductive justice, racial justice, and increasing the power of the Black vote.
To learn more about Soul 2 Soul Sisters, please visit www.soul2soulsisters.org
To increase our communications capacity, Soul 2 Soul Sisters is seeking a Digital Organizer. This person will develop and coordinate an overall communications and digital plan to effectively extend Soul 2 Soul Sisters’ work to a broad audience, target potential donors, manage and update Soul 2 Soul Sisters social media, website, etc.
- Develop and coordinate an overall communications and digital plan to successfully amplify Soul 2 Soul Sisters’ work while helping to build a statewide base of supporters for racial justice and reproductive rights, health and justice.
- Coordinate and develop online communications to promote organizational work in a timely manner (i.e. Salesforce e-marketing, program video clips for website, podcasts, online petition building, sign-up/RSVP, social media sites).
- Work closely with Soul 2 Soul Sisters’ fund development staff to design communications strategies targeting potential donors. Plan and coordinate online and social networking technology to increase donations and online fundraising plan and activities.
- Work closely with programming staff to develop effective messaging for marketing, campaigns, and the use of media communications for other strategic work.
- Oversee the production of Soul 2 Soul Sisters’ publications, including periodic newsletter; assist staff with other program-related communications.
- Video and photograph specified gatherings and community events.
- Manage and update Soul 2 Soul Sisters’ website re: operations, events and campaigns.
- Manage the ongoing maintenance of our databases including Salesforce and VAN.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and training in digital communications and media for staff and spokespeople.
Knowledge, Skills & Educational Requirements:
- Commitment to intersectional racial justice, Black communities, and reproductive health, rights and justice.
- At least two years of experience working in a people of color-led environment.
- Ability to work with people of all ages, ethnicities, religions, sexual, economic, and gender identities.
- Strong online writing and content creation skills.
- At least two years of experience in graphic design, video editing, CMS, and HTML.
- Strong understanding of digital media and online organizing, including social media engagement.
- Ability to track and analyze metrics relating to online action and fundraising efforts.
- Desire to test and optimize online strategies toward developing best practices.
- Ability to compile data and information into concise reports.
- A strong collaborative work-style with the ability to work effectively independently, in a team, and with moderate supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple priorities with attention to detail and in a timely manner as well as flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills – ability to identify, evaluate, and solve problems effectively.
- Valid driver’s license, legally required car insurance, and use of a personal vehicle during business hours.
- Flexibility with work schedule – schedule requires some evenings and weekends and air travel.
Salary $20,000 - $25,000 commensurate with experience.
Significant opportunities for professional development and growth.
This is a part-time position with length of time contingent on new/available funding.
Location This position is based in Denver Metro area with some required travel.
Deadline Open until filled.
Apply Please send cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com
Please type in the email subject line: DIGITAL ORGANIZER
In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
- What experience do you have in digital organizing?
- Why are you interested in working with Soul 2 Soul Sisters?
- How can your gifts and skills as a Digital Organizer advance the work of Soul 2 Soul Sisters?
Soul 2 Soul Sisters is an equal opportunity employer. Young womxn/people, transgender people, gender-nonconforming people, people with disabilities and formerly incarcerated people are strongly encouraged to apply.