Our Black Civic Engagement program is unique and effective.
Our Black civic engagement program is a Black Women-led, bold, ongoing, collaboration with New Era Colorado. Through Black civic engagement, Black Women work toward healing our communities via relational voter engagement work as we have for centuries. Working to enfranchise all voting-age Black people and cultivate robust and sustained Black political participation, this program is a non-partisan, voter engagement/civic justice program that has the following objectives:
- Provide ongoing, sacred opportunities for Black Women to speak their needs to elected officials toward passing policies that improve Black Women's lives.
- Increase Black voter registration and Black voter participation.
- Mobilize Black Women and grassroots Black Women-led groups to fight for reproductive justice.
- Increase the political participation and power of young Black people.
- Host healing gatherings for Black Women addressing the trauma that results from the electoral brutality that Black people have endured for generations in the United States of America.